Solicitor panel for
As heard on
Trusted by

Letters of Administration
in Victoria

Call us now on:(03) 9045 9700
Award-Winning Probate Solicitors
Local Business Awards - Finalist - City Suburbs
AWARD WINNERProbate Law Firm
of the Year
Global Law Experts 2023 Winner - Annual Awards
2023 - The Lawyer Network Annual Awards Winner
Leaders in Law - Global Awards 2022 Winner - Wills and Estates Expert of the Year in Australia
Australia Prestige Awards - 2023 Winner
Lawyer Legal Awards 2022 - Winner - Gennadi Dobrinski - Probate Adviser of the Year
Looking for Letters of Administration for another state?

What are Letters of Administration?

Letters of Administration in Victoria refers to a “Grant” issued by the Supreme Court of Victoria. This Grant identifies an “administrator” who is eligible to act on behalf of an estate of a person who died without a will. The administrator may then provide copies of this Grant to organisations such as banks, nursing homes, land registry agencies such as Land Vic and share registries such as Computershare.

Applying for Letters of Administration can be a complex process due to the unique nature of family trees and personal circumstances. These applications require the drafting of legal affidavits, consent documents and disclaimers, as well as legal processes which are not easily discoverable.

The team at National Probate and Estates Group is very experienced in handling all kinds of Letters of Administration applications, from the straightforward ones to the more complex matters. We obtain hundreds of Grant across Australia every year, and we will be able to obtain for you, the Grant of Letters of Administration in a swift and affordable manner.

Who can become the estate administrator?

Victorian legislation, namely the Administration and Probate Act (VIC) determines exactly how the estate is to be divided, and who will be appointed the administrator.

For example, a surviving spouse is generally entitled to the estate of their late husband or wife. However, there are instances where this isn’t the case and they must share the estate with other family members. Please contact us today to discuss the statutory entitlements of your loved one’s estate.

How will the estate be divided?

The same Victorian legislation applies to determining the estate administrator and determining who will inherit an intestate estate. This is the Administration and Probate Act (VIC).

The division will depend on the familial circumstances of the deceased.

To find out how your love-one’s estate will be distributed, please contact us for a free discussion.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below you'll find the answers to many recurring questions we get. Have any other questions or need clarity? Ask us.

See More FAQs

Get a Quote

We offer affordable, fixed-fee quotes for obtaining Letters of Administration.
Answer a few brief questions and we'll provide you with a same-day quote.

Prefer to speak to us first?

NSW Office Locations

Sydney CBD

Suite 101/83 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000


10 Help Street
Chatswood, 2067


30 Cowper Street
Parramatta, 2150

All Mail

PO Box Q297
Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230

Speak With Us

(02) 8880 8030